New members’ magazine launched
October 2016 saw the launch of our exciting new magazine, Pinnacle. The publication will be issued three times a year, with members receiving complementary copies mailed directly to their homes.
With news, features and interviews covering the whole range of our work (not to mention a fantastic selection of photos), Pinnacle is unmissable reading for all lovers of historic church buildings, ancient construction techniques and heritage craft skills, innovative outreach projects and beautiful spiritual spaces.
To whet your appetite, try out a couple of articles from Issue 1 for free:
- Journalist Harry Sword interviews Dave Stewart about his groundbreaking music project Church Keys, which has seen bands new and old performing in CCT churches this summer: click here
- Conservationist Rachel Morley introduces readers to the Squint – the mysterious opening found in the walls of medieval churches: click here
Issue 1 contents
• Sapperton: we welcome our 350th church
• Striking a chord with the community: Harry Sword interviews Dave Stewart
• Return of the Torbryan two: the inside story of the repair of the Torbryan panels
• Bringing an Ipswich church back to life: Quay Place opens as a heritage and wellbeing centre
• ‘Churches are the icon of local England’: interview with new trustee Sir Simon Jenkins
• Shakespeare, spires and saints: Tom Jones joins the first Historic Church Tour of 2016
• The Squint: Rachel Morley looks at an architectural oddity
• News and events from North, West and South-East
• Competition: send us your best photos of churches in autumn and winter! Closing date: Sunday 18th Dec 2016. Further details, terms and conditions here.
• Loyd Grossman reveals his favourite CCT church
Want to read more? Join our members scheme for only £3.50 a month.