Talbot Chapel, Longford, Shropshire

Address:
Longford Road, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 8LR
How to find us | Access information
Opening times:
Open daily
  • Overview
  • Map
  • What's nearby
  • Feedback

An undemolished survivor

The chapel is actually the surviving south aisle of a medieval church which was demolished in 1803 - a wide blocked arch in the north wall shows where it once connected with the chancel. It contains a fine seventeenth-century monument to Thomas Talbot, with original railings. The inscription has a moving tribute to Talbot's widow.

Comment