St Andrew's Church, Steeple Gidding, Cambridgeshire
How to find us
- What's nearby
A serene light-filled interior
This beautiful church sits in a tree-filled churchyard and has a calm and serene atmosphere. There is a fourteenth-century steeple and a wonderfully carved Norman doorway. Brilliant stained glass lights the austere but lovely interior.
Due to the historic nature of our buildings, only a very small number have heating, running water or toilet facilities. The lighting is usually operated via a 'push button' timer or a motion sensor.
10 miles north west of Huntingdon and 3 miles west of Sawtry, off A1
Nearest railway station: Huntingdon (8.7 miles)
Why not make your visit more enjoyable and informed by finding out more about this church before you visit? You can download a range of publications below including the relevant county guide, and any walkround guides we have for this churchCambridgeshire County Guide 2012
This free of charge short guide contains details of all the churches we care for in Cambridgeshire. Printed copies of the county guides are also available at the church.
Useful local links:
- Visit Cambridge tourism website: www.visitcambridge.org.uk
- Cambridgeshire Family History Society: www.cfhs.org.uk
- Cambridgeshire Association for Local History: www.calh.org.uk
- Cambridgeshire history website: www.cambridgeshirehistory.com
- Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust: www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk