All Saints' Church, Waldershare, Kent
How to find us
- What's nearby
A church for walkers
This pretty church is an ideal resting point for walkers crossing the beautiful North Downs. It dates back to Norman times. The south chapel of 1697 contains a touching memorial to the Bertie family, with life-size marble figures of a husband and wife holding hands.
In the north chapel is a fantastical monument to Sir Henry Furness (who died in 1712) - tiered like a wedding cake and flanked by statues of women mourners and cherubs, it almost scrapes the chapel ceiling! The chancel has some fine Victorian murals and alabaster reredos, whilst there is also lovely Victorian stained glass throughout the building.Waldershare Guide
Facilities & Hire
Due to the historic nature of our buildings, only a very small number of them have heating, running water or toilet facilities. The lighting is usually operated via a 'push button' timer or a motion sensor.
3 miles north of Dover off A256. Follow b/w sign to Eythorne off A256 and Historic Church signs on Kennel Hill and along Sandwich Road.
Nearest railway station: Shepherdswell (3 miles). Bus route number 89
History & Further Information
Why not make your visit more enjoyable and informed by finding out more about this church before you visit? You can download a range of publications below including the relevant county guide, and any walk round guides we have for this church.Kent County Guide 2012
This free of charge short guide contains details of all the churches we care for in Kent. Printed copies of the county guide are also available at the church.
Useful local links:
- Visit Kent tourism website: www.visitkent.co.uk
- Let's Visit Kent website: www.letsvisit.co.uk/see-do
- Best Places to Visit in Kent website: www.kentattractions.co.uk
- Kent History website: www.hereshistorykent.org.uk
- Kent Family History Society: www.kfhs.org.uk
- Kent Archaeology Society: www.kentarchaeology.org.uk
- Kent Historic Churches website: www.kentchurches.info
- Friends of Kent Churches: www.friendsofkentchurches.co.uk