Volunteering is central to the work of CCT. With volunteer numbers now reaching over 2000 across the country, their support is the very life force of the organisation.
We are looking for an organised, resourceful and reliable Finance Volunteer to join the Trust. To manage the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme (LPWS) application process and provide assistance to the Finance team on adhoc project work.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing eligibility of invoices
- Completing and submitting application form
- Resolving queries regarding eligibility of claims
- Updating spreadsheet for submitted and successful claims
- Updating procedure guide
- To process invoices
- Deal with internal & external financial queries
About The Churches Conservation Trust
The Churches Conservation Trust exists to conserve over 356 historic church buildings for the enjoyment and understanding of present and future generations, putting them at the heart of community life.
CCT has always relied on volunteers. Since our foundation in 1969, we have valued the work of local volunteers supporting local churches. Over the last three years in particular, volunteering has become central to all that CCT is about, with volunteer numbers now reaching over 2000 across the country. It is the very life force of the organization.
What are we looking for?
Volunteers interested in this role should be:
- Highly organised with a flexible approach
- Ability to manage a varied workload through multi-tasking, prioritisation and effective time management
- Able to organise own work and prioritise duties.
- Excel skills – strong ability to use and manage spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of public finance and/or charity accounting
- Experience of working in an accounts department
- Strong attention to detail and process orientation
- Proactive, confident approach to work and professional development
- Commitment to CCT’s vision and values
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please email [email protected] for a Volunteer application form.
If you have any questions about this volunteering opportunity please contact Lelah Palmer, [email protected].
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
If you have any queries about this role, or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected]