Stapleford clock restored to tell time again
The Church of St Mary Magadelene stands proudly at the edge of Stapleford estate in Leicestershire with the clock a main feature of the tower. The clock was made by the famous clockmaker John Whitehurst in 1773 but has been out of operation for many years because of poor accuracy. The clock room whilst in good condition is damp and the level of built up dirt and general deterioration contributed in recent years to the clocks seizure.
The clock has been conserved by clock specialist Richard White and is now back in working order so the local residents can be confident that it is telling the right time again!
The Jack Patson Charitable Trust contributed toward the cost which enabled CCT to carry out the repairs.