Bursaries for four students to attend CCT Health & Heritage Conference
The Churches Conservation Trust has teamed up with its generous sponsor OMI Architects to offer bursaries for four students or recent graduates of heritage, conservation or mental health-related degrees to attend its Health & Heritage Conference, taking place from 22 to 24 March 2017.
The international conference will explore what the health and heritage sectors can offer one another, and will be hosted by Quay Place: an innovative new wellbeing centre in an expertly adapted historic church on the 1400 year-old docklands in Ipswich, England. Speakers will include experts, practitioners and leading researchers from the UK, the rest of Europe and beyond.
The CCT is now inviting applications from students and recent graduates of heritage and conservation-related degrees. Student attendees will be able to enjoy:
- keynotes, practical workshops, seminars, discussions and optional drop-in therapies;
- time to explore and experience Quay Place, and meet the team behind it;
- visits to sites around the scenic and historic Suffolk coast; and
- opportunities to network with global experts in the field of heritage, building conservation and mental health.
The bursaries include a residential ticket to all conference events, hotel accommodation and all meals, meaning the successful candidates need only cover the cost of travel to and from the conference venue.
Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- their name;
- their degree course and university (applications will be accepted from recent graduates within one year of the end of their most recent heritage, conservation or mental health-related degree); and
- no more than 200 words detailing why the Health & Heritage Conference is of interest to them, what their career aspirations are, and how the conference can support this.
Successful applicants will need to agree to preparing an 800-1000 word writeup of their time at the conference.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1 March 2017 (applications must have been received by email by 23.59 GMT). Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 6 March 2017.
Click here to read more about the Health & Heritage Conference.