A chance to win an exclusive experience!

22 May 2020

At the Churches Conservation Trust we care for 356 churches across England and even when locked down, they still need repairs and maintenance, all of which costs money. As most of the buildings are Grade I or II* Listed, the quality of the work depends on a professional group of conservators and crafts people who will repair any damage from ageing or otherwise, to a standard that ensures the history and heritage is preserved for many generations to come – just as there have been many generations before us.

You can help us by purchasing a £3 raffle ticket to win an experience with one of our Regional Conservation Project Managers to study one of the churches in your region in detail.

To enter text CCTJUNE to 70331

Get under the skin of the history, the interesting archaeological, architectural or historically important parts of the church, and learn about why churches are built this way. After your tour of the church, the CCT will provide lunch in a local pub and you will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions about your visit.

The prize will take place after lockdown, and you will be contacted to discuss which church you would like to find out more about, and to make arrangements for times, dates etc.

Terms and conditions

  1. Entry requirements and charges
    1. You must be over the age of 18 and have the bill payers consent before entering the raffle.
    2. To enter you must text CCTJUNE to 70331. If your entry has been successful you will receive a confirmation text in response.
    3. £3 per entry will be charged to your phone bill, plus your standard network message charge (based on your service providers rates). This must be using a UK phone service provider.
    4. Please note that there is a £30 daily cap per mobile phone number.
    5. 4.5% of the total income will be paid to the operator of this raffle, National Funding Scheme. The remaining 95.5% will be given to the Churches Conservation Trust, and will be credited to Central CCT accounts.
    6. We are unable to claim Gift Aid on any payments made in association with this raffle.
  2. Raffle draw and prizes
    1. The draw closes 1800 Tuesday, 30th June 2020. The winner and two runners up will be contacted on Friday, 3rd July 2020.
    2. The winner will be chosen at random using National Funding Scheme, and will be contacted directly by CCT. There will be two further runners up who will also be selected at random.
  3. Frist place prize will consist of a 2-3hour visit to a church of your choice with a CCT Conservation Project Manager, as well as a lunch at a local restaurant for the winner and a guest. No alternative cash prize is available. This prize will take place on a date agreed by both parties and when government guidelines permit us to do so safely after COVID-19. 
  4. Two runner up prizes will consist of a signed hardback copy of ‘Beautiful Churches’ by Matthew Byrne. These are expected to be delivered within 14working days of a postal address being confirmed by the recipient. No cash alternative prize is available
  5. Data protection and marketing
    1. By participating in the raffle you are not consenting to any further marketing, and we will not be in contact using the detail provided outside of the raffle.
    2. The operator of this raffle, National Funding Scheme, is GDPR compliant and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (reg. no. Z353234X). More information on their Privacy Policy can be found here.
    3. This raffle is compliant with Islington Borough Council gambling regulations.