Historic Church Tours 2018 - Betjeman's Wiltshire and Oxfordshire - SOLD OUT
Non Member: £70.00
Explore some of Betjeman's most loved churches in Wiltshire and Oxfordshire.
BOOKINGS FOR THIS TOUR HAVE NOW CLOSED
We begin the day at the parish church of St Mark’s in Swindon, which John Betjeman called ‘the most loved church in England’. St Mark’s opened in 1845 to serve the workers of the Great Western Railway and is built to designs from George Gilbert Scott in the Decorated Gothic style.
St John the Baptist, Inglesham, is another of Betjeman’s favourite churches. The church was built in the 13th century but had it not been for the intervention of William Morris, who lived nearby at Kelmscott Manor, would have been lost. Restoration in the 19th century maintained the church’s medieval integrity including glorious wall paintings that cover the interior of the building. Can you work out the myriad of subjects on display?
Our final visit of the day is to St Katherine’s, Chiselhampton. Betjeman made a personal appeal to raise funds for the church and it is easy to see why, with its curious classical details and contemporary interior.
Meeting point and timings: Meet at Swindon train station at 10.00, returning to the train station by 17.00.
What is included: One-day coach tours include lunch, entrance fees to non-CCT sites where applicable, and travel to and from the named station to each of the listed sites.
How to book: The easiest way to book is online, simply click on the ‘Book Now’ button above and complete the online booking process. Alternatively, download and print a booking form, returning it to us at ‘The Churches Conservation Trust, Society House, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL’, or call us on 0800 206 1463 (Mon-Fri; 09.30-17.00).
Once your booking has been processed, you will be sent a booking confirmation. Your tour itinerary, which will provide you with more detailed tour information including approximate timings of the day, will be sent to you 7-10 days before the start of the tour.
Please note: On all of our tours there is at the very least a fair amount of walking, quite often over worn and uneven surfaces. They are not suitable for anyone with difficulties with everyday walking and stair climbing. All tour details are correct at the time of publication. In the event that details are changed, guests will be notified as soon as possible.
If you have any concerns or questions relating to the tour then please call us on 0800 206 1463 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Betjeman's Wiltshire and Oxfordshire FAQs
- What is the tour capacity? We have enough room for 20 guests on this tour, so book early to avoid disappointment!
- Where at Swindon train station will we be meeting? We will be meeting outside the main entrance by Station Road.
- I would like to stay in the local area the night before. Are there any hotels near the train station that you would recommend? The Great Western Hotel and Holiday Inn Express Swindon City Centre are short walks from the train station. For more hotels, see Visit Wiltshire’s website.
- I am planning to drive to Swindon. What parking arrangements are available near the train station and how much does it cost to park? There is a APCOA-operated car park at Swindon train station. The daily rate is £8.40.
- How frequently do trains arrive and depart from Swindon train station? Direct services between Swindon and London depart from Paddington every 15-20 minutes. Swindon is also served by direct services from other stations including Bristol Temple Meads, Cardiff Central and Penzance. For more information on times and fares please see National Rail Enquiries.
- What are the lunch/dinner arrangements? We will be enjoying lunch at The New Inn Hotel, Lechlade-on-Thames.
- Who will be the guide/lead on tour? So that we can deliver the highest quality experience in collaboration with the best local experts, we are not yet able to confirm who will be leading this tour. Once you have booked on, however, we will confirm with you who will lead this tour nearer to the start date.
- How do I notify you of dietary requirements? You can notify us of any dietary requirements when making your booking over the phone or when completing a paper booking form. If we have not been able to capture your dietary requirements when making your booking then please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0800 206 1463.
- What is the cancellation/refund policy? If you are no longer able to make the tour after booking then please let us know as soon as possible. If you cancel your booking more than one month before the tour start date, then you will be entitled to a full refund. If you cancel within one month of your tour then unfortunately we are not able to offer a refund, however we will do our best to offer you a place on another tour.