St Michael's Church, Churchill, Worcestershire

Address:
Edwards Lane, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR7 4QE
How to find us | Access information
Opening times:
Open daily
  • Overview
  • Map
  • What's nearby
  • Feedback

A tiny atmospheric church

An atmospheric church in a tiny village, St Michael's is mainly of the fourteenth century, although fragments from an earlier building are built into its walls.

The font is fifteenth century and there is good woodwork of the seventeenth century. Two strange stone carvings built into the sill of the north window appear to be parts of a lion.

The low chancel screen and the lectern came from Great Malvern Priory in 1910, when a major restoration of St Michael's was carried out.

The small bellcote contains two bells, one dating from the fifteenth century.

Comment