St Botolph's Church, Skidbrooke, Lincolnshire
How to find us
- What's nearby
A lovely marshland church
Set in magnificent isolation in the Lincolnshire marshland, this early Medieval church has the feel of a Great Hall.
The bare and unadorned interior has several wonderful arcades, giving the church its wonderful charm and character.
Facilities & Hire
Due to the historic nature of our buildings, only a very small number have heating, running water or toilet facilities. The lighting is usually operated via a 'push button' timer or a motion sensor.
7 miles east of Louth, off B1200
Nearest railway station: Cleethorpes (13 miles)
History & Further Information
Why not make your visit more enjoyable and informed by finding out more about this church before you visit? You can download a range of publications below including the relevant county guide, and any walk round guides we have for this church.Skidbrooke St. Botolph - Your Church Tour Lincolnshire County Guide 2012
This free of charge short guide contains details of all the churches we care for in Lincolnshire. Printed copies of the county guide are also available at the church.
Useful local links:
- Visit Lincolnshire tourism website: www.visitlincolnshire.com
- Lincolnshire Family History Society: www.lincolnshirefhs.org.uk
- Lincolnshire Churches Trust: www.lincolnshirechurchestrust.org.uk
- Society for Lincolnshire History & Archaeology: www.slha.org.uk
- List of churches in Lincolnshire: www.achurchnearyou.com
- Diocese of Lincoln: www.lincoln.anglican.org.uk