Events Coordinator - Wallingford Oxon
This role will provide an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to pursue a career in the Events Management / Heritage Sector.
About the church
St Peter's church is a Thames-side landmark with its unmistakable elegant open-work spire and octagonal belfry. The gorgeous Georgian interior features a beautiful coffered ceiling and a rounded apse. The church hosts a series of classical concerts during the summer each year as well as occasional services, but we would like the church to be used more frequently by the community.
About the role
This will suit people who are well organised and have strong administrative skills. Experience in managing events would be a huge bonus but is not as essential as an enthusiastic and friendly manner, and a desire to share this historic building with wider audiences. You'll need to be able to work as part of a team but be able to work on your own initiative.
The main purpose of the role is to help the CCT and our existing volunteer groups to organise and run events at St Peter's Wallingford (and other nearby churches if you choose) to raise funds and ensure that future generations can enjoy this wonderful part of our heritage. Tasks will include;
- Helping to organise and promote national CCT events in the churches such as Heritage Open Days, The Big Draw, Midsummer Tea Parties, Bike Rides)
- Assisting with stewarding at some national/regional events in the church
- Developing new local events that help fundraise for the CCT in line with CCT booking procedures.
- Promoting third party hire of the church for secular use (concerts, talks, theatre , etc) through the design and distribution of promotional material.
- Providing administrative support for third party hire events; ensuring that hirers follow CCT booking procedures.
- Assisting with the promotion of third party hire events where appropriate.
- Ensure safety and security procedures are followed at events all times.
- Complete a site inspection form during each visit to the church and report back to CCT
- Be an active part of the volunteer team, supporting your peers and attending training workshops when required. To assist with other activities in the church, such as cleaning parties.
- Be familiar with and follow the Trust's Health & Safety policy at all times.
Time commitment: Flexible. There is no limit to the amount of time you can give. We would like you to commit to a minimum of six hours a month. The role is on-going and all year round.