Events Coordinator - Privett, Hants
About the role
This will suit people who are well organised and have strong administrative skills. Experience in managing events would be a huge bonus but is not as essential as an enthusiastic and friendly manner, and a desire to share this historic building with wider audiences. You'll need to be able to work as part of a team but be able to work on your own initiative.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to pursue a career in the Events Management / Heritage Sector.
About the place
A Victorian jewel set in beautiful countryside, the spire of Holy Trinity soars high above the trees, visible for miles around in an idyllic corner of Hampshire. It is an extraordinary experience to find this lavishly decorated Medieval-style church with Italian marble mosaic floors in such a rural location. Built in 1876-78, the church was funded by William Nicholson - a local benefactor and gin distiller - and designed by Gothic architect Sir Arthur Blomfield, later responsible for the Royal College of Music. Blomfield used the best craftsmen of the day to produce the magnificent stonework, mosaics and stained glass. The walls are made from warm-toned Ham Hill stone with bands of Bath stone. Marble mosaic floors run across the church and are particularly colourful in the chancel. With a 450 person capacity, three phase electricity and moveable seating arrangements, Holy Trinity has the makings of a successful event venue.
The main purpose of the role is to help the CCT and our existing volunteer groups to organise and run events at Holy Trinity (and other nearby churches if you choose) to raise funds and ensure that future generations can enjoy this wonderful part of our heritage. Tasks will include;
- Helping to organise and promote national CCT events in the churches such as Heritage Open Days, The Big Draw, Midsummer Tea Parties, Pedal Round the Pulpits (Sponsored Bike Rides), etc.
- Assisting with stewarding at some of these national/regional events in the church
- Developing new local events that help fundraise for the CCT specifically for Holy Trinity
- Promoting third party hire of the church for secular use (small concerts, filming, talks, etc) through the design and distribution of promotional material.
- Providing administrative support for third party hire events; ensuring that hirers follow CCT booking procedures.
- Assisting with the promotion of third party hire events where appropriate.
- Ensure safety and security procedures are followed at events all times.
- Complete a site inspection form during each visit to the church and report back to CCT
- Be an active part of the volunteer team, supporting your peers and attending training workshops when required. To assist with other activities in the church, such as cleaning parties.
- Be familiar with and follow the Trust's Health & Safety policy at all times.
Time commitment: Flexible. There is no limit to the amount of time you can give. We would like you to commit to a minimum of six hours a month. The role is on-going and all year round.
Support/training:We'll provide you with expert training and support, and in return you'll have the freedom to indulge your curiosity and work to your own initiative to develop exciting, fun-filled projects!
Volunteers will have an induction to their new role and will be supported by the regional Volunteering Officer and other CCT staff where appropriate. All volunteers will be expected to positively promote the CCT.
In addition to this role description you will also receive a copy of the CCT Volunteer Handbook which contains extracts and summaries of some of the CCT policies. Volunteers may need to refer to fuller versions of these documents which may be obtained upon request.
Information about volunteering roles and CCT policies are subject to change and update. You will be informed if and when this arises.
All volunteers will be supported by the Churches Conservation Trust and the local Volunteering Officer. You will receive information about volunteering with the CCT and copies of relevant policies and procedures will be made available to you.
We would ask that you acknowledge you have received and read the information provided. Please also acknowledge receipt of any keys or equipment provided by the CCT to enable you to carry out your role.
Expenses: Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place will be paid, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance.
No of positions available: