Historic Church Tours 2018 - Worcester's Wonders - BOOKINGS CLOSED
Non Member: £60.00
Explore the Georgian church of St Swithun's plus other city-centre wonders in this one-day walking tour.
BOOKINGS FOR THIS TOUR HAVE NOW CLOSED
Worcester is a city rich with imposing and impressive architecture. We start our walking tour at Worcester Cathedral. Built between 1084 and 1504, it represents every architectural style from Norman to Perpendicular, the Cathedral dominates the city’s skyline.
A short walk away is our Georgian gem, St Swithun’s. This will be one of the final opportunities to explore the church before it closes to the public for much needed repair and conservation. Once these works are complete, St Swithun’s will return to the community as an inspirational, creative sensory space.
Greyfriars’ House and Garden now belongs in the care of the National Trust but was, from the 15th to the 17th century, a home to wealthy merchants. The house narrowly avoided demolition in the 1930s and now, with its well cared for garden, provides a peaceful oasis in the middle of the city. What better way to complete our tour of Worcester’s historic city-centre?
Meeting point and timings: Meet at Worcester Foregate Street train station at 10.00, returning to the train station by 16.00.
What is included: The price of the tour includes lunch and, where applicable, entrance fees.
How to book: The easiest way to book is online, simply click on the ‘Book Now’ button above and complete the online booking process. Alternatively, download and print a booking form, returning it to us at ‘The Churches Conservation Trust, Society House, 8 All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL’, or call us on 0800 206 1463 (Mon-Fri; 09.30-17.00).
Once your booking has been processed, you will be sent a booking confirmation. Your tour itinerary, which will provide you with more detailed tour information including approximate timings of the day, will be sent to you 7-10 days before the start of the tour.
Please note: On all of our tours there is at the very least a fair amount of walking, quite often over worn and uneven surfaces. They are not suitable for anyone with difficulties with everyday walking and stair climbing. All tour details are correct at the time of publication. In the event that details are changed, guests will be notified as soon as possible.
If you have any concerns or questions relating to the tour then please call us on 0800 206 1463 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worcester's Wonders FAQs
- What is the tour capacity? We have enough room for 20 guests on this tour, so book early to avoid disappointment!
- Where at Worcester Foregate Street train station will we be meeting? We will be meeting outside the main entrance to the train station on the ground floor.
- I would like to stay in the local area the night before. Are there any hotels near the train station that you would recommend? The Worcester Whitehouse Hotel is situated across the road from the train station. For more hotels, see Visit Worcestershire’s website.
- I am planning to drive to Worcester. What parking arrangements are available near the train station and how much does it cost to park? There is a council-run car park at the Cattle Market, a short walk from the train station, which has 200 spaces. The daily rate is £6.00.
- How frequently do trains arrive and depart from Worcester Foregate Street train station? Direct services between Worcester Foregate and London depart from Paddington every hour. Worcester Foregate Street is also served by direct services from other stations including Birmingham New Street, Hereford and Great Malvern. For more information on times and fares please see National Rail Enquiries.
- What are the lunch/dinner arrangements? We will be enjoying lunch at the Café at the Old Palace.
- Who will be the guide/lead on tour? So that we can deliver the highest quality experience in collaboration with the best local experts, we are not yet able to confirm who will be leading this tour. Once you have booked on, however, we will confirm with you who will lead this tour nearer to the start date.
- How do I notify you of dietary requirements? You can notify us of any dietary requirements when making your booking over the phone or when completing a paper booking form. If we have not been able to capture your dietary requirements when making your booking then please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0800 206 1463.
- What is the cancellation/refund policy? If you are no longer able to make the tour after booking then please let us know as soon as possible. If you cancel your booking more than one month before the tour start date, then you will be entitled to a full refund. If you cancel within one month of your tour then unfortunately we are not able to offer a refund, however we will do our best to offer you a place on another tour.