Visitor Welcome Volunteer - Halifax
The church of All Souls Haley Hill is a magnificent Victorian Gothic masterpiece designed by George Gilbert Scott for industrialist Col Edward Akroyd.
The church is opened by a team of dedicated volunteers on Saturdays April-October and we are looking for individuals keen on sharing the heritage of this wonderful building with visitors.
This volunteer role is customer focused with an emphasis on providing a warm and friendly welcome for visitors to the church and enabling them to discover some of the history of the building during their visit. There will be the opportunity to support the running of events in the church and to participate in national events such as Heritage Open Days.
These volunteer sessions are flexible and you can sign up to as many sessions as you like each month! Your role will be supported by our Local Community Officer.
Tasks will include;
- Helping to organise and promote national CCT events in the churches such as Heritage Open Days
- Assisting with stewarding at some of these national/regional events in the church
- Developing new local events that help fundraise for the CCT, specially All Souls.
- Promoting third party hire of the church for secular use (small concerts, filming, talks, etc) through the design and distribution of promotional material.
- Providing administrative support for third party hire events; ensuring that hirers follow CCT booking procedures.
- Assisting with the promotion of third party hire events where appropriate.
- Ensure safety and security procedures are followed at events all times.
- Be an active part of the volunteer team, supporting your peers and attending training workshops when required. To assist with other activities in the church, such as cleaning parties.
- Be familiar with and follow the Trust's Health & Safety policy at all times
If you would like to help others discover churches, then we would like to hear from you.
Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place will be paid, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance.
Please Contact Alison Pearce for more information or to arrange an informal chat.