Events Coordinator and Visitor Welcome - Halifax
- Ensuring that the church is well presented to visitors; tidying and filling up leaflet racks, occasional visitor data collection, meter readings, occasionally dusting and sweeping when necessary.
- Communicating an enthusiasm for our churches and their history. Ensuring a positive experience for visitors, and promoting the work of the CCT
- Work with hirers and artists to use the church for events and support marketing and through social media.
- Monitoring all matters affecting the church’s contents, its use and enjoyment by visitors, and reporting back concerns as appropriate
- Being conversant with and capable of implementing emergency fire, evacuation and accident procedures.
- Following security procedures to prevent theft or damage
- Being an active part of the volunteer team, supporting your peers and attending training workshops where necessary.
- Completing a short site inspection form on each visit to the church.
- Becoming familiar with and following the Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
This will suit people who…. This will suit people who have an enthusiastic and friendly manner, enjoy meeting people, like operating as part of a team but able to work on their own initiative and who are keen to promote heritage in their local area. Creative individuals with a knack communicating with a wide range of audiences in a variety of styles will be very successful in this role. A passion for helping others learn about history is essential.
- There will be a full time member of CCT staff to support you in your role and an induction.
- You will be part of our growing team of volunteers in similar roles across the country and have the opportunity to join local group meetings / social events, including our Annual Volunteer Conference.
Usual hours and time frame: Flexible, but we are keen to open Staurdays in the Summer montsh for a few hours.
If you are interested in joining the volunteer team at All Souls Halifax please do not hesiatte to get in touch with: