Curious Curators- Volunteering opportunity at Seventeen Nineteen
We’re looking for volunteers who are creative, curious and canny to help us research our collection and our history come alive. Seventeen Nineteen’s goal is to reconnect Sunderland with its past by transforming Holy Trinity into a venue that brings the heritage of the church and the old town to life through storytelling and other activities.
What will our Curious Curators do?
- Take part in one zoom meeting a fortnight to work with the Curious Creators team to plan your project
- Work with historians, local history centres and other resources to research artefacts
- Collaborate with illustrators and graphic designers to make resources
- Learn about museum conservation and installation
- Pass on everything you’ve learned to the next group of Curious Curators
- Help us install all the exciting new stories into the newly refurbished church
- Help us make volunteering at Seventeen Nineteen brilliant by telling us what you’ve learnt, what you’ve enjoyed and what you’d change
We are developing a cabinet of curiosities, filled with items from our history that reflect our shared story of Sunderland. We need your help to research the items, create resources for people to engage with at home and curate a small exhibition within our lovely old safe in the vestry.
For more information, please download the full volunteer description below.Curious Curators.pdf
Curious about volunteering?
Send us an email at [email protected] to let us know some things about you:
- What are you Curious about?
- Why you are Curious about volunteering at Seventeen Nineteen?
- What would you like to learn or develop while volunteering with us?
- Are you able to make the regular meetings on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month?
- Would you need any support to volunteer?