We are looking for an organised, resourceful and reliable Archivist Volunteer to join the Trust. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with an interest in record keeping, organising, filling and archives and would like to gain experience by implementing a system. You have the opportunity to project manage this task and implement a new filing system for the Trust.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Create a template of archived files
Communicate with teams to ensure accurate records are kept
Liaise with Office Coordinator in updating archived files
Develop a recording system and work with teams to ensure system is adhered to
About The Churches Conservation Trust
The Churches Conservation Trust exists to conserve over 352 historic church buildings for the enjoyment and understanding of present and future generations, putting them at the heart of community life.
CCT has always relied on volunteers. Since our foundation in 1969, we have valued the work of local volunteers supporting local churches. Over the last three years in particular, volunteering has become central to all that CCT is about, with volunteer numbers now reaching over 1700 across the country. It is the very life force of the organization.
What are we looking for?
Volunteers interested in this role should be:
• Highly organised with a flexible approach
• Ability to manage a varied workload through multi-tasking, prioritisation and effective time management
• Able and willing to use ladders and archiving unit/warehouse.
• Able to organise own work and prioritise duties.
• Able to work methodically and accurately and to agreed standards.
• Confident with ICT, competent user of MS Office
• Strong attention to detail and process orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgement
• Ability to communicate diplomatically
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
• Proactive, confident approach to work and professional development
• Commitment to CCT’s vision and values
Although this is an unpaid role, we will pay for your travel and lunch.
Our office is in Kings Cross but much of work will be at our archive center in Bermondsey, SE London.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Harmony at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need further information, please contact Harmony Madek on 0207 841 0400 or email email@example.com